Skip to content
  • Print

Multirotor Aerial Camera A.K.A. Drone

The University Libraries is now offering drone check-out to qualified groups or individuals for academic pursuits.  

Can any student, faculty or staff check-out the drone? 
Yes, but they must have an FAA's Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) certification and demonstrate past flying experience.

Can the drone be used for personal projects? 
No, the drone is intended for academic related activities such as research or class project. 

I have my own drone, can I just use my own and fly on campus?
Please contact University of the Pacific Risk Management office prior to flying. 

Does the library have licensed drone pilots?
Yes, there are library staff who hold FAA licenses and can assist in coordinating safe and legal flights on campus.