Skip to content
  • Print
return to Admission


Graduate Admission

University of the Pacific
Knoles Hall Second Floor, Room 207 B
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211-0110



The Graduate Admission office will continue to accept and process applications for all graduate programs. For updates to our application requirements and policies, please refer to the Application Materials and International Applicants pages.

Please note: Physical offices are now closed, but we will continue to serve applicants remotely. Graduate Admission can be reached at 209.946.3929 or

For the latest updates on university-wide policies regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, please visit our COVID-19 webpage.

FAQ banner
Apply ►
Request Info ►
Events ►

Graduate Admission Frequently Asked Questions

Select a category listed below to answer your questions regarding graduate admission at University of the Pacific. If you still have questions and concerns, contact Office of Graduate Admission.

I'm an undergraduate student who wants to take a graduate level course. Is there any paperwork I need to fill out?
Yes, you must first apply and be admitted to graduate school. Once admitted, you need to fill out the Graduate Credit as an Undergraduate form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. More information about Graduate Credit as an Undergraduate.

I completed my bachelor's degree at Pacific. Do I need to submit my transcripts?
Yes. Please see our Transcripts and Enrollment Verification page for additional information about ordering Pacific transcripts

I'm only seeking a credential. Do I need to complete an application for graduate school? Are the requirements any different?
Yes, students must select Education: Credential Only as their program. Requirements are the same that apply to the MA Education Curriculum & Instruction program.

What are the GRE and TOEFL codes for programs at Pacific?
Please see our Application Materials page for test codes for all application systems.

How do I check the status of my application?
Using your University ID (which will be emailed to you after your application has been received by Graduate Admission) and birthdate, enter the information onto the Graduate Application Checker to see a list of items needed to complete your application file, or documents that have been received.

How do I apply for an application fee waiver?
There are a limited number of application fee waivers available to applicants who qualify. Please submit this Graduate Application Fee Waiver Request form to apply.

*This policy does not apply to those seeking admission to the Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Speech Language Pathology, Audiology, or Athletic Training programs. Applicants to these programs should view the Instructions and FAQs section of their respective applications for details regarding application fees and waivers.

I'm applying to a dual-degree program. Do I need to submit two (2) applications?
Yes, there are separate applications for each program. Visit our Apply Now page for links to the applications.

Why do I have a hold on my account for missing my bachelor's degree posting?
Although we have received an official in-progress transcript from your institution, we require an official transcript that shows final grades with proof of degree has been awarded. You must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution to enroll in a graduate program at University of the Pacific.

Can I change the term I am applying for?
Applicants may submit a written request via email to change their application term for up to one (1) year before being required to submit a new application.

What if I want to defer my admission?
Students who wish to enroll in a different semester from which they were admitted, must contact the Office of Graduate Admission to defer their application. Deferral of application is subject to program approval. Applications will only be deferred for up to one academic year. If a student does not begin coursework within one year of your original application for admission, they must submit a new graduate application for admission. Previous admission status has no bearing on the decision for admission in the future.

I need help paying for graduate school. Are there any graduate teaching or research assistantship opportunities?
Graduate assistantships available vary by program. Please contact the program director of your designated program for further details on graduate assistantships or other forms of financial aid.

I'm an international student. Are there additional application requirements? Can I be conditionally admitted?
Yes, there are additional requirements for international students please refer to the international checklist. International applicants must submit a complete application packet six (6) weeks prior to posted deadlines. University of the Pacific does not offer conditional admission to international students. All official documents must be submitted for admission review.