Skip to content
  • Print
return to Campus Life


Residential Life & Housing

8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F
McCaffrey Center, 2nd Fl.
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211

Policies & Procedures

The foundation of living in a residence hall, Greek or apartment community is respecting the rights of others. The eight actions identified below seriously infringe on the rights of other community members and will not be tolerated. Violators may be evicted from on-campus housing, with no refunds, and may also be subject to additional disciplinary action.

  • Actions which endanger the health and safety of other persons
  • Providing a common source of alcohol in on-campus housing
  • Intentional damage or destruction of University or Housing property
  • Use or possession of explosives, firecrackers, firearms, explosive materials or weapons of any kind in campus housing
  • Sale, use, possession or distribution of illegal drugs or narcotics
  • Throwing or dropping potentially dangerous objects out of windows
  • Misusing or tampering with fire safety equipment: fire alarms, smoke detectors, extinguishers, etc.
  • Deliberately starting a fire in the residence halls, Greek facilities or apartments.
  • University Alcohol and Controlled Substances Policy

University policy requires that members of the University community, including visitors and guests, comply with federal, state and local laws especially those relating to alcoholic beverages, narcotics, and other drugs. University policy prohibits the unlawful possession, use or distribution of alcohol and/or controlled substances on its property, or immediately adjacent thereto, as a part of any University-sponsored activity.


Pacific requires all full-time undergraduate students to live on campus for their first four semesters at the University, excluding summer sessions. Exceptions to this policy are limited to: 

  1. Students who are under the age of 17 or over the age of 21, or
  2. Students transferring to Pacific with over 56 credits (excludes credits obtained through AP coursework or summer bridge programs), or
  3. Students who have lived on campus at another higher education institution for four semesters (excluding summer sessions), or
  4. Students who live with their parents/legal guardians in their permanent residence within 50 miles of the Pacific's Stockton campus, or
  5. Students who are participating in a specific academic program involving study abroad or a non-local internship or cooperative education experience which is more than 50 miles from the Pacific's Stockton campus, or
  6. Students who are married, in a registered domestic partnership, or a similar legal relationship and present a valid, certified copy of a Certificate of Marriage, Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership, or a similar document issued by a government or other legally authorized authority.

Student must complete the Living at Home form and provide necessarily documentation to be exempted from the Residential Living Policy.

  • Pet Policy 
    Fish are the only permitted pets on campus in a fish tank of no larger than 5 gallons. Residents who violate this policy are subject to a charge equal to the actual cost of cleaning the residence hall room, Greek house or entire apartment plus a $300 administrative fee per pet. Additionally the resident will be directed to remove the pet. Failure to comply with a directive to remove a pet will subject the resident to eviction, an additional $800 contract termination fee and referral to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Further, residents who violate this pet policy may be denied the opportunity to live on-campus in the future.
    University and Housing policies may be found in the Tiger Lore and/or the Student Housing Contract.
  • Resident Guest Policy 
    A "guest" is an individual who is not a resident of a particular room whose purpose is to visit for a short time with another person who is a resident. Students are permitted to have guests in their rooms subject to the following conditions:
    • Overnight guests must have the approval of all residents of the room.
    • Overnight guests may stay in a residential community for no more than three consecutive days and/or no more than four times each semester/term. Under rare and extenuating circumstances, an exception may be granted by the Director of Residence and Greek Life or his/her designee. Requests must be submitted in writing to the Housing & Greek Life Office.
    • Students must register overnight guests who are not on-campus residents with the Housing & Greek Life Office prior to the guest's arrival. Student must conform to the guest registration process, as now or hereafter enacted, of the Housing & Greek Life Office.
    • No more than two concurrent overnight guests may stay in each room or apartment at any given time.
    • Students are responsible for the conduct of all their guest(s).
    • Guests will observe all university regulations, adhere to the policies listed in Tiger Lore, and promptly comply with the directions of all university employees, including Resident Assistants, Assistant Residence Directors and Residence Directors. Any guest found in violation of any policy may be removed from the residential community and denied further visiting privileges.
    • Any student who hosts a guest in violation of university policy is subject to judicial sanctions, may be evicted, and will be liable for any charges or fees.
    Pacific reserves the right to withdraw the guest privileges of any resident.
  • Damages 
    Residents will be held responsible for loss of University property or damage to individual units and University furnishings. At the check-in each resident is provided a room or apartment condition report (RCR or ACR). Please spend a few minutes using this form to record and verify the condition of your room/apartment and its furnishings. This form will serve as a reference when cleaning, damage, and loss charges are determined at check-out. (A list of estimated charges for damages and repairs is on the back side of the RCR or ACR form.)  It is this document that is used at check-out to assess what, if any, damage, missing items, cleaning and disposing of items for which the resident would be charged. Students are not responsible for normal wear and tear of furnishings and room. Residents are responsible for removing all items or supplies used to decorate a room or apartment.
    As a member of the residential community, residents will share responsibility for community damage within common areas, including hallways and bathrooms. Residents will be notified in writing and the cost of the repairs will be billed to their student account after the incident or at the end of the semester.
  • Room Change Process 

    Steps to Request a Room Change

    Step 1: If there is a conflict with roommates, residents must first attempt to resolve the matter between themselves.

    Step 2: If residents are unable to resolve a conflict on their own, they must work with their RA/GCA who will then facilitate a mediation in hopes of resolving the issue(s).

    Step 3: If the conflict cannot be resolved or should a resident have other questions regarding the room change process, they may submit the Room Change Request Form through the Housing Portal AND schedule an appointment with their Residence Director (RD).

    Step 4: At your appointment, your RD will assess the situation. If it is agreed that your move is appropriate, the RD will approve your room change request.

    Step 5: Once approved, the Residential Life and Housing Office (RLH) will send you an email confirming your move and provide you with additional information regarding the room change process.

    Steps After Confirmed Room Change Request

    Step 1: Upon receiving an approval email, go to the Residential Life and Housing Office to pick up your key(s) as well as a blank ACR/RCR (Apartment/Room Condition Report) for your NEW room and a Check-Out envelope.

    Step 2: Prepare your OLD room for check-out

    • Before moving any of your belongings to the new room, complete the "Check-In" section of the blank ACR/RCR given to you in Step 1 and return it to your new RA/GCA within 2 business days. Your new RA/GCA information can be found in the email the RLH office sent you about your approved room change.
    • Clear out all of your belongings from your old room/apartment and move them to your NEW room/apartment.
    • Clean your OLD room and all common areas (dust, vacuum, wipe down counters, etc.).
    • Arrange your furniture back to its original location.

    Your room should look like it did when you first moved in!

    Step 3: Call the student staff on duty number of your OLD room/apartment to submit your check-out envelope and assess any damages of the space. Your key(s) need to go inside and must be completely filled out.

    Step 4: Return your old mailroom key to the mailroom and pick up-your new one there. Be sure to inform others of your change of address (i.e., bank, family, etc.)