Skip to content
  • Print

Event Alcohol Policy

In choosing to have alcohol at official student functions, you must be aware of certain policies. First and foremost – Be Informed of current state, federal, and University codes and policies that relate to alcohol, its consumption and use.

Remember— YOU are liable when alcohol has been served to any person under the age of 21.

To help and guide you in planning an event that involves alcohol, you must attend a pre-party informational meeting Office of Student Leadership and Involvement and Department of Public Safety.

Events with students present that include alcoholic beverages must be registered with the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement. Only registered student organizations may sponsor student events where alcohol beverages are present.

The following applies for events where alcohol is involved:

  • No member shall permit, tolerate, encourage or participate in "drinking games"
  • The purchase and/or use of bulk quantity of such alcoholic beverage, i.e., kegs, party balls, etc. is prohibited.
  • The alcohol served is limited to beer, wine, and wine coolers.
  • Special security is usually required for events involving alcohol especially when having a large number of people. Security costs will be paid by the sponsoring organization. The Director of Student Leadership & Involvement and the Department of Public Safety will determine the required number of security officers jointly.
  • Sufficient quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and food must be provided throughout the event and serve 100% of attendees.
  • Two persons, 21 years of age or older, representing the organization, must take responsibility for the event and must submit a completed alcohol event registration.
  • The event must be closed and limited to members of the sponsoring organization and specifically invited guests.
  • The sponsoring organization must designate at least one event monitor per 20 attendees as outlined in the Tiger Lore.
  • Bring Your Own Beverage events are permitted ONLY under the guidelines set forth in the Tiger Lore.
  • Any sale of alcohol at a registered student organization event must be conducted through a licensed Third Party Vendor.

For more detailed information on events where alcohol will be present, consult the Tiger Lore manual.