Skip to content
  • Print


Student Accounts
209-946-2517 Fax: 209-946-2468 Finance Center - 1st Floor
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (Thursday closed 8:30am - 9:30am)
Payment Address
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the Student Accounts Offices communicate with me?

The Student Accounts Office communicates to students via email using the University issued email address, which Pacific considers the official email of notification for students.

Back to Top

How do I pay my student account?

Payments can be made online, through the mail or in person int eh Finance Center.

For more information, go to Paying Your Bill

Back to Top

What are the payment deadlines?

Payments for tuition and room and board are due at the beginning of each semester/term. Below are the initial deadlines for each semester/term regardless of when registration occurs. Tuition and fees must be made before the start of a term. If registration occurs after the deadline, payment is due at enrollment regardless of receiving a statement

Fall Semester August 1 Fall Term August 1
Spring Semester     January 1                 Winter Term              December 1           
Spring Term April 1


For more information, visit Payment Deadlines

Back to Top

I am covered by my own/my parents health insurance. Do I have to purchase Pacific's health insurance plan?

Students registered for 9 units or more and all students with an F-1 Visa will be charged the health insurance premium. For students who are covered under their own or parents plan, the insurance premium can be waived. For more information, visit Insurance Waivers.

Back to Top

What is an Authorized User?

Authorized Users are family and friends that have been given the ability to access the student's account information. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a student's financial record may not be shared without their consent.

To learn how to set up an authorized user, go to Becoming an Authorized User.

Back to Top

What does Financial Approval mean?

In order to finalize enrollment for the current academic term, students are required to satisfy financial obligations associated with course registration, campus housing, meal plans and other fees. Students will have "Financial Approval" if their account balance is paid in full, if there is enough financial aid to cover their charges or if an agreed payment plan is in place prior to the deadline.

PLEASE NOTE - Registrations that are not financially approved are subject to cancellation and/or late fees.

Click here for helpful tips to obtain financial approval.

Back to Top

How do I determine my refund if I drop courses or withdraw from Pacific?

Students may be eligible for a refund if they drop below full-time enrollment or officially withdraw from the University. Informing an academic department, advisor, or instructor does NOT constitute an official drop of a course or withdrawal from the University. Students who intend to withdraw must notify the Office of the Registrar. Applicable clerical, cancellation and/or re-registration fees may apply.

Wellness Center Fee, ASUOP, Activity and Recreation fees, and course fees are non-refundable after the last day to add classes. The student health insurance plan is not refundable after 30 days from the start of the term and is not refundable if a claim has been filed.

For more information, go to Dropping Courses/Withdrawing from Pacific

Back to Top

What is the Title IV Authorization to Release Non-Institutional Charges form and why do I need to fill one out?

As defined by the U.S. Department of Education, federal student financial aid can only cover institutional charges.  This definition includes current year charges for tuition and fees, and on-campus room and board.  It also includes other fees such as: lab fees, workshops, registration fees, facilities usage fees and other University fees associated directly with taking a class. Title IV funds include Grad Plus, Parent Plus, Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) and the Federal Perkins Loan

Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid CANNOT be used to cover non-institutional charges such as: health insurance, library fines, breakage fees, returned check fees, deferred fees for payment plans, or any other fees not directly related to taking a class.

The only way federal student aid funds can be used to pay for non-institutional charges is to obtain written authorization.  The Title IV Authorization to Release Non-Institutional Charges form will allow students to apply federal financial aid to non-institutional charges.  Failure to complete this form may impact your refund.

For more information and to download the authorization form, go to Title IV Authorization

Back to Top

What is a Form 1098T?

Form 1098T is a Tuition Payments Statement that colleges and universities are required to issue for the purpose of determining a student's eligibility for an American Opportunity or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.  The Form 1098-T reflects qualified tuition and related expenses that you paid during the calendar year. 

Pacific's sole responsibility regarding the American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning tax credits is to furnish Form 1098-T to students who incurred qualified tuition and related expenses  and report the corresponding amount paid in the reporting calendar year. It is not responsible for and is prohibited from giving tax advice. Taxpayers should contact their tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service for guidance.

For more information, go to 1098-T and Income Tax Credit

Back to Top

I have a hold on my student account, what do I need to do?

A hold on a student account could impact the ability to benefit from the services Pacific offers. To find out what services a hold affects, log onto your account on InsidePacific. 

Student Accounts is responsible for two holds, The Finance Hold (FH), and the Payment Restriction Hold (FR).  To find out how to clear a Student Account hold, please contact the Student Accounts Office.

Read more about the Student Account Holds here 

Back to Top

How do I charge bookstore purchases to my student account?

Students who are financially cleared are allowed to charge up to a maximum of $950.00 in bookstore purchases per semester ($250 per Summer Session) to their student account.   During check out at the bookstore, notify the cashier you want the charges to be charged to your student account. (Stockton campus only)  Student account charging can only be utilized for textbooks. Other miscellaneous items must be purchased separately. Payment of bookstore charges is due upon receipt of your monthly billing statement.

Back to Top

What is Authorized and Pending Financial Aid?

Authorized Financial Aid is aid that is ready to be posted on to your student account the first day of class.  Pending Financial Aid is aid that still has outstanding requirements that need to be satisfied.  Some examples of requirements are providing copies of tax transcripts, completing promissory notes and/or entrance counseling.  For information regarding the requirements needed for Pending Financial Aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 209-946-2421.

Back to Top