Skip to content
  • Print
return to Student Accounts


Student Accounts
209-946-2517 Fax: 209-946-2468 Finance Center - 1st Floor
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (Thursday closed 8:30am - 9:30am)
Payment Address
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211

Requesting a Refund

When a student account has a credit balance where payments and credits exceed the total amount due, the student will receive a refund upon request.  Students may request refunds by email, over the phone, or in-person.  Refunds are issued on a weekly basis. 

Refunds will NOT be granted based on "anticipated" aid.  All financial aid must be disbursed on the student's account before a refund is processed.

  • A credit balance resulting from an overpayment by paper or electronic check may be refundable 14 days after receipt of payment. 
  • A credit balance resulting from student loans and/or scholarships will be refunded after the first week of school.

University of the Pacific Policy Regarding Overpayments: 

University of the Pacific is not a financial institution. Payments directed to Pacific should be rendered for the amount due based upon a University invoice, or the expected amount of tuition and on-campus housing. Payments for off-campus housing, or other personal living expenses should be directed to your personal bank account, not the University's bank account.

Please note: Payments received in excess of the amount billed will either be placed on deposit for an upcoming semester, or the payment will be returned to the sender. Please transfer only the amount due on your student account to avoid payment delays. In the case of wire transfers, the wire transfer will be reversed to return funds back to the originating account.

Refund Information for Students with Excess of Title IV Funds

Students whose account credit is caused by an excess of Title IV funds MUST complete the Title IV Authorization to Release Non-Institutional charges form.

Failure to complete this form will delay and may impact refund requests.

Click here for more information on Title IV funds and the Title IV Authorization to Release Non-Institutional Charges

Want a Faster Refund? Go Direct

Direct Deposit is the fastest most secure way to receive a refund.  Refunds will be directly deposited into the checking or savings account and financial institution of choice without having to wait for the check to arrive in the mail.

To set up a direct deposit, students must turn in a completed direct deposit form to the Payroll Office.  Refunds to third parties, including parents are not eligible for Direct Deposit.  Get the Direct Deposit Form here.

Once Direct Deposit is set up, undergraduate students will need to contact the Student Accounts Office to request their refund.

Refunds by Mail

A student can also request to receive a refund by mail as long as the correct mailing information is provided.