Skip to content
  • Print
return to Psychology


Psychology/Comm Bldg, Room 101
Matthew Normand
Department Chair
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211

Bachelor of Science in Psychology with Honors


The Honors Program acknowledges the excellent performance of undergraduates psychology majors at Pacific. Students may apply for the Honors Program after they've completed more than 50 units. To be awarded a degree in Psychology with Honors at graduation, students must accomplish three learning outcomes:

  1.      Obtain an overall grade point average greater than 3.4
  2.      Obtain a grade point average greater than 3.8 for courses within the major
  3.      Complete an applied project or a research project that is approved by a committee of three faculty (i.e., one faculty chair and two committee members)

Applied Project or Independent Research:

Students must devote a minimum of two semesters collaborating with a faculty member on an applied project or independent research. Either option may be applied in the sense that the focus may be on improving the lives of people; however, independent research may not have this focus. The main distinction between the two types of experiences is that the applied project does not include a research design (i.e., descriptive, correlational, or experimental). Students should plan to present their project at Pacific's PURCC conference or present or publish their project in another academic venue.

Download Honors Program Application >


For more information about the Honors Program, please contact Dr. Corey Stocco at

Steps to Changing Your Major:

Here is a broad outline of the steps that need to be taken to change your major:

  1. Visit and download the Change of Program form
  2. Read the instructions
  3. Complete the section on your personal information (e.g., name, email)
  4. Under "CHANGE TO PROGRAM OF STUDY," you will indicate that you are changing from PSYC Bachelor of Science to PSYC Honors Bachelor of Science
  5. After you have completed the form by following the instructions (e.g., getting the appropriate signatures), you should submit the form to the Office of the Registrar