Skip to content
  • Print

11.15.8 Withdrawals from a Course

Approved by Academic Council on April 26, 2001

An official withdrawal is normally granted to students who complete the withdrawal petition properly and turn it in to the Student Advising Center prior to the last day for dropping classes for the term. Students who withdraw without filing such a petition may incur academic penalties. If a student wishes to withdraw from a term after the deadline for dropping classes, the withdrawal must be approved by the Academic Regulations Committee. If approved, the courses the student was registered for will appear on the student's transcript with the notation "W" but will not count in the units earned nor in calculation of the grade point average.